Safe Schools Hotline
If you or your child would like to report an activity that could threaten the safety of our students, you can leave an anonymous message. The Safe Schools Hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Just a reminder that we do not have school tomorrow, April 18th. Have a fantastic 3-day weekend!
Thank you for taking time to complete the attached Parent Survey. We truly value your input and want to do everything in our power to offer the best educational experience for your child. Results from the survey are taken seriously, so we can continually refine and improve our instructional practices, communication and relationships with students and parents. Thank you again for your time.
Principal of Sycamore Elementary
Help make your child’s school and district even better.
Please complete this brief survey (it will only take 2 to 4 minutes).
We have been collecting this survey data for many years. It gives us valuable information regarding things that parents are satisfied with and need to be preserved, as well as things that need our attention.
A new state law makes the survey data even more important. Results from the survey will now be used in both teacher and principal evaluations. Please help provide the quantity and quality of responses needed to make the results meaningful.
I apologize if you received multiple notices of this survey. To promote participation we are sending notice of the survey out through several distribution systems.
AIMS (Arizona’s Instrument to Measure Standards) will be administered to our students during the weeks of April 8 and 14th, 2014. Rather than this being a time of anxiousness, I like to think of this as a time to be excited. It’s the anticipation of the day of the big race and we are prepared! It’s the time for our students to show off what they’ve learned and celebrate their accomplishments. Teachers will support students by continuing to provide instruction and motivating them to do their best.
Attendance during this week is critical. Parents can support us by limiting appointments that may pull students from class. In addition, it is important for students to arrive at school on time, so they do not miss the beginning of the day and start off behind.
- April 8: 4th Grade AIMS Science and 5th Grade AIMS Writing
- April 14: AIMS 3-5 grades Reading and Math Part I and 2nd grade SAT 10 Day I
- April 15: AIMS 3-5 grades Reading and Math Part II and 2nd grade SAT 10 Day 2
- April 16 :AIMS 3-5 grades Reading and Math Part III and 2nd grade SAT 10 Day 3
- April 17 and week of April 21: Make-Up Tests
Below I have included other suggestions that parents may reinforce with their children prior to testing:
- Have children get plenty of rest the night before;
- Come to school on time with a positive attitude;
- Eat a healthy breakfast to fuel the body;
- Send your child to school with healthy snacks;
- Review the Parent AIMS Practice booklet http://www.ade.state.az.us/;
- Talk to your children about he importance of putting forth their best effort;
- Motivate your child about the test and reassure them that they are ready;
- Provide a peaceful evening routine, spend evening family time together;
- Remind children to read each question thoroughly and answer it carefully;
- Place a positive note in your child’s lunch box or binder;
- Celebrate on the weekend after testing is complete; and most importantly:
- Be proud of your child’s efforts, they have worked hard!
If you have any questions regarding AIMS or SAT10 testing, I encourage parents to
contact your child’s teacher or myself. Thank you again for your continued support!
Join us at our first ever Father-Daughter Dance! Click here for more details!
Spring Pictures are right around the corner! Our students will be taking pictures on Tuesday, April 1st & Wednesday, April 2nd. Contact your child’s teacher to find out which day they will be smiling for the camera!
Join us for the Bunny Run on Saturday, April 5, 2014!
Reminder…Bunny Run registration forms need to be turned in by Monday morning to ensure you have your race shirt by Saturday. Registrations after Monday will still be accepted and shirts would be given to the participant the following week. We “hop” to see you at the race!
Join us at 8:00 for the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. At 8:15 the Fun Run for Kinder through 3rd Graders begins and at 9:00 the Intermediate Grade and Adult Run begins. (Race times are subject to change.) We hope to see you there!
We will miss seeing all of our fabulous students over the next two weeks, but we know that you will have a nice and relaxing Spring Break! We hope everyone has a safe break, and we look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday, March 24th.
Happy Spring Break!
Join Ms. Lopez & Ms. Harris for another fabulous reading night on Wednesday, March 5, 2014! During family reading night, you’ll have time to meet with Ms. Lopez and learn how to play reading review games with your son or daughter at home!