Dear Sycamore Families,
Our school continues to have access to a great curriculum resource for grades 3-5. We have renewed our building license for a web-based program called Study Island, which is accessible to students in grades 3-5 from school or home.
We are excited about the potential benefits this program can bring to our students, and we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity by using Study Island. Please feel free to contact Study Island at 800-419-3191 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Follow the instructions below, in order to use the program:
1. Go to www.studyisland.com
2. Enter your username and password and click “Login”.
Note: Your child’s username is the first name.last name, and appended with @syc. If your child’s name was John Doe, they would log in to Study Island as john.doe@syc. In some instances, there may be more than one child with the same login name.
3. Click on the section tab (math, reading, etc.) that you wish to work on.
4. Once you complete the “Pretest,” you may work through the remainder of the topics in any order you like. You must “pass” all topics before taking the “Post Test.”
5. To pass a topic, you must satisfy the topic’s passing requirements which are based a minimum number of questions answered (usually 10) and a minimum percentage correct (around 70%). A blue ribbon icon is displayed next to all passed topics.
To access the Reports:
1. After your child has logged in, select a subject from the left-hand side of the screen to access the reports.
2. Here, you will find a variety of reports with information such as how much time your child has spent on various subjects, how they used their time, and what questions they missed. You will also be able to compare your child with other children in their class and in their state that are using Study Island. You can select reports by Subject or select the Summary option to get all subjects.